Jun 13, 2015
Chock full of healthy veges, these tasty fritters are super easy and an excellent way to get your kids to eat more veggies. Great for lunch or a healthy addition to any lunchbox. Prep Time : 15 minutes Cook Time : 15 – 20 minutes Serves : 4 What you will need
- 1 medium zucchini
- 310g can sweet corn kernels
- 1 small carrot
- 1 small Spanish onion
- 1/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3 eggs, separated
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Tzatziki or Relish to serve
- Before getting starting on the recipe preheat your oven to 150°C.
- In a large bowl grate zucchini, carrot and onion then add the drained corn. Next add the flour and cumin and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir egg yolks through the mixture.
- Whisk the egg whites until firm peaks form and gently fold these through the mixture as well.
- Spray a large frying pan with olive oil spray and heat over medium heat.
- Place two tablespoons of the mixture into the pan and cook for approximately two minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Remove the fritters from the pan and keep these warm in the oven. Repeat the process with the remaining mixture.