Jan 20, 2016
Even if you are not sure of the correct spelling of Baba Ganoush, Baba Ghanouj or Baba Ghanoush at least one thing is certain. It’s delicious! It takes a little time to prepare if you consider putting eggplant into an oven and waiting 50 minutes prep time. If you don’t then this divine dip can be knocked out in less than 5 minutes with the help of a food processor or Thermo. Get into it! PREP TIME : 55 minutes COOK TIME : 50 minutes SERVES : 6 polite people as a dip or 1 with a spoon and packet of crackers in front of the TV YOU WILL NEED
- 2 large eggplant
- 1 x 200g container greek yoghurt (don’t put in all the yoghurt straight up as the amount you put in will determine the strength of the aubergine flavour so taste and add till you get the flavour you like)
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste) *optional
- 2 garlic cloves
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Pierce the eggplant all over with a skewer.
- Place on a baking tray.
- Roast in oven for 50 minutes or until soft and fallen in on themselves.
- Remove from oven & set aside for 15 minutes to cool.
- Peel the eggplant and roasted garlic
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor or Thermo and whizz until it is at the consistency you like.
- Taste and season with salt and place in serving dish