A great weekend lunch dish that your friends and family will love. We suggest whiting, but flathead or any white fish of your choice will work brilliantly with this recipe.
Prep Time : 10 minutes
Cook Time : 20 minutes
Serves : 4
What you will need
- Some super fresh white fleshed fish fillets – we used whiting! Four medium fillets per person of the whiting but perhaps one or two fillets per person if you use a larger species of fish.
- 2 cups of panko crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 300 ml milk
- 1 cup plain flour
- Salt & Pepper
- Season plain flour with salt and pepper and place it on a plate.
- Combine eggs and milk and lightly whisk in a medium – large bowl.
- Place Panko crumbs and parmesan cheese in another separate bowl.
- Now for the fun part….Kind of like a production line really
- Coat each fillet well with flour dusting off excess, then dunk the fillet through the egg and milk wash, and then roll in the crumb mixture. Be sure to coat well
- Deep fry or shallow fry fillets in batches until golden brown.
- Serve with tartare sauce and homemade chips.