This recipe is absolutely delicious and a real winter warmer. My mouth is actually watering as I think about it. Not only is it tasty but its super quick and easy and you can use any seafood that takes your fancy.
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- 1 carrot – diced
- 500gm of mixed seafood – cut to equal sized portions (my preference is squid, prawns and a nice firm white fish.
- 1 onion – diced
- 1 stick of celery – diced
- 1 medium potato – diced
- 270gm tin of corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 heaped tablespoon of plain flour
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 2 cups of milk
- ¼ cup of cream
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- parsley or dill to garnish
Ready – Set – Go…!
- Melt the butter in a large heavy based and fry up the carrot, celery, onion and potato for 5 minutes stirring frequently
- Add the flour and stir well
- Add the corn along with the juice, stock and milk & simmer gently for 10 minutes
- Add the seafood and simmer for 5 more minutes or until its cooked through
- Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice
Whack it in bowls, garnish with dill or parsley and demolish it
BEST ACCOMPANIED WITH: delicious hot crusty bread and lashings of butter
VARIATION: Use coconut milk instead of milk, coconut cream in stead of cream and spoon in your favourite curry paste or powder to taste. Equally as good.