Jun 13, 2015
Fresh and aromatic, this Dine team favourite will be the hero of your next antipasto platter or pasta. Food wunderkind Jamie Oliver offers this advice. When it comes to making pesto, you can invest in a good processor if you like, but you can also make it using a pestle and mortar. If you have a blunt blade from your processor then don’t chuck it, but keep it specially for making pesto or marinades where you need to bruise out the flavour, instead of chopping. Prep Time : 15 minutes Cook Time : 10 minutes Serves : 4 You will need
- 45g (1/4 cup) pine nuts
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 small cloves of garlic halved
- 60g (3/4 cup) shredded parmesan – grate fresh off the block
- 5 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Spread the pine nuts over a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes or so until toasted.
- Remove from oven and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Place the pine nuts, basil, garlic and parmesan in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- With the motor running, gradually add the olive oil in a thin steady stream until well combined